Cabarrus County Hospital opened a three-year diploma school of nursing to help meet the demand for registered nurses for both the military and civilian populations during World War II. Sixteen students entered the program on February 2, 1942 and were taught by a small teaching staff, including physicians. The National League for Nursing accredited the School of Nursing in 1963. In 1966, due to increasing enrollment, additional classrooms, library facilities, faculty and staff were necessary.|
With the growing needs of the health care industry and subsequently the physical space needs of the College, we have teamed with NorthEast Medical Center, and the NEMC Foundation, to fund and build a new college facility on the NorthEast Medical Center campus that opened in January 2004.
Health Services Administration, Medical Assistant, Medical Science, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Science, Surgical Technology
401 Medical Park Drive
Phone: (704) 783-1556