Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, popularly known as GITAM was founded in 1980 by an inspired group of eminent intellectuals and industrialists of Andhra Pradesh led by Dr. M.V.V.S.Murthi, Former Member of Parliament and popular philanthropist. Their mission was to set up a world-class technology and management institution in the picturesque city of Visakhapatnam to impart futuristic and comprehensive professional education of global standards with a high sense of discipline and social relevance in a serene and invigorating environment. The avowed objective of GITAM is to train qualified professionals to shoulder the responsibility of contributing to the development of India as a “Knowledge Society”.|
GITAM is registered as a society under the Societies Registration Act XXXI of 1860. Its registered office is situated at Visakhapatnam in the State of Andhra Pradesh. It is governed by a Governing Body consisting of eminent educationists, industrialists, professionals, experts, etc.
VISION : To become a global leader in higher education.
MISSION : To impart futuristic and comprehensive education of global standards with a high sense of discipline and social relevance in a serene and invigorating environment.
* To provide for instruction and training in such branches of learning as it may deem fit.
* To provide for research and for the advancement of and dissemination of knowledge.
* To undertake extramural studies, extension programmes and field outreach activities to contribute to the development of society.
* To acquire existing or establish new academic institutions/departments/centres.
* To do all such other acts and things as may be necessary or desirable to further the objectives of the Institute.
, Applied Mathematics, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Information Technology, International Business, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Microbiology, Technology
Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045
530 045 Visakhapatnam
Phone: (+91-891) 2790101
Fax: (+91-891) 2790399