JCC was founded as Jackson Junior College in 1928 and operated as a division of the Jackson Union School District, sharing lab and library facilities with the high school. In 1962, Jackson County voters created Jackson Community College as a distinct entity; in 1964, they passed a charter millage that still funds the College today.|
Rapid enrollment and program growth in the 1960s spurred JCC to build a new campus on its present site. Today, the College owns more than 500 acres and sits on a scenic suburban site six miles south of the city of Jackson, with extension centers in Lenawee and Hillsdale counties. An integral educational and economic force in the Jackson-Lenawee-Hillsdale communities, JCC operates on a $27 million general fund budget.
Accounting, Anthropology, Applied Technology, Art, Automotive Service Technology, Aviation, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Computer Information Systems, Early Childhood Education, Economics, Education, Electronics Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Engineering, English, French, Geography, Geology, German, Health, History, Humanities, Language, Literature, Mathematics, Medical Assistant, Music, Nursing, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Radiography, Respiratory Care, Science, Sociology, Spanish, Speech, Teacher Education
Public Rural-serving Large
2111 Emmons Road
Phone: (517) 787-0800