Why Adams State? One reason would be that Adams State offers a higher percentage of recognized programs of Excellence than any other school its size in Colorado.|
Adams State students receive supportive mentoring and individual attention due to small class size and a faculty committed to superior classroom teaching. Students are encouraged to become involved in the campus community and given the freedom to discover their talents and strengths.
Adams State College also offers cultural diversity, a friendly campus community, great scenery and the fun, healthy lifestyle of mountain recreational opportunities. Combined, this makes for an unparalleled educational and personal experience.
Academic quality at Adams State College has been recognized by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education. Our programs in business, biology, music, and graduate counselor education were all named Programs of Excellence. What does that mean for you? You benefit from a top-notch curriculum that will help you meet life's challenges.
Our Quality Shows:
* We have one full-time teaching professor for every 18 students.
* 57% of all classes have 20 students or fewer.
* Incoming freshman average ACT is 19.6, average high school GPA is 3.01.
* Adams State College received four Program of Excellence Awards from the Colorado Commission of Higher Education.
* Our teacher-certification program was the first in Colorado to be recertified under new state accreditation requirements.
* Academic advising is provided by full-time professors.
Art & Art History, Art, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, Communication, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, English, History, Philosophy, Government, Human Development, Physical Education, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Music, Nursing, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, Teacher Education, Theatre
Master's Colleges and Universities I
208 Edgemont Blvd.
CO 81102 Alamosa
Phone: (719) 587-7011
Fax: (719) 587-7522
Office of Admissions Adams State College
208 Edgemont Blvd.
Phone: (719) 587-7712