Adelphi University comprises a small liberal arts college and a cluster of professional schools that have grown up in close relationship to the needs of the region. Our mission is to provide quality undergraduate and graduate education and to offer professional preparation of the first rank in arts, education, business, clinical psychology, social work, nursing and other health sciences.|
Adelphi University is a place where:
* Exciting and challenging teaching, the high quality of libraries, laboratories, and technology, and the individual attention given to students, lead to high levels of student learning and rates of graduation, and to accomplished and high achieving graduates.
* Students are known by name and know the faculty by name; students learn in safe, beautiful, and inspiring settings; highly accomplished alumni assist current students; campus organizations, the arts, sports, internships and volunteer service off-campus contribute to student learning and development.
* Faculty are active scholars, artists, and practitioners; curricula are both grounded in the disciplines and interdisciplinary; and excellence is assured through continuing evaluation.
* Personal achievement is measured at least as much in terms of ethics, character and good citizenship as in terms of financial success or material gain.
* Members of the wider community find intellectual and cultural stimulation; and students from all parts of the world, and of all backgrounds and ages, find intellectual stimulation and engagement in the world of ideas.
Anthropology, African-American Studies, Anthropology, Art & Art History, Art Education, Asian Studies, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Communication, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Economics, English, Environmental Studies, French, Women and Gender Studies, Graphic Design, History, Journalism, Foreign Languages, Latin American Studies, Performing Arts, Acting, Dance, Theatre, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Health, Pre-law, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish, Writing, Environmental Studies
Office of Admissions Adelphi University
Levermore Hall, Room 110
NY 11530Garden City
Phone: (516) 877-3050
Fax: (516) 877-3039